12 One-to-One Externalising Dyslexia Coaching Session (90 minutes per session) with Dr. Antonio G. Farruggia-Bochnak. 12 Sessions for the price of 10.
(Sessions delivered on Zoom).
My area of expertise is coaching people through the Externalising Dyslexia Programme that focuses on the following three areas of development:
- Externalising dyslexia
- Overcoming dyslexia difficulties
- Achieving more in education and/or life
Please Note: Working through the process outlined above will take multiple sessions and there is no guarantee that you will fully achieve all of the outcomes listed above. However, from my experience of dyslexia coaching over the past 24 years, I have observed that people who have an open mind and who put the time in to their dyslexia self-development have moved significantly closer to achieving their desired outcomes.
Externalising Dyslexia Programme Overview
A. Externalise Dyslexia
- Step 1: Explore perception of dyslexia and challenge false assumptions that create the social construct of dyslexia.
- Step 2: Externalise the cause of dyslexia so that dyslexia is no longer viewed as part of genetic makeup.
- Step 3: Create non-dyslexic identity that views self as someone orientated to use natural mediums of expression such as music, singing, dance, art, physical movement, rather than the artificial medium of expression written language.
B. Overcome Dyslexia Difficulties
- Step 4: Explore perception of dyslexia difficulties and challenge false assumptions about learning.
- Step 5: Externalise the cause of dyslexia difficulties so that difficulties are no longer viewed to stem from genetic makeup.
- Step 6: Incorporate into non-dyslexic identity the view of self as someone able to master reading, writing, and arithmetic skills; along with other skills that were previously out of reach due to view that difficulties stemmed from genetic makeup.
C. Achieve More in Education and/or in Life
- Step 7: Explore perception of achievement and challenge false assumptions that might act as barriers to achievement.
- Step 8: Externalise the view that low achievement levels were/are caused by dyslexia difficulties linked to genetic makeup.
- Step 9: Incorporate into non-dyslexic identity the view that achievement is dependent on factors that are in your control such as levels of commitment, motivation, perseverance, and determination.
Please Note: The programme outlined above will be adapted to suit your specific coaching needs.
Ask yourself this question before booking coaching
Does your dyslexia mindset work for you?
If the way you view dyslexia works for you and you are able to achieve the outcomes you want in education and/or in life, then keep things exactly the way they are – you’re doing great and you are most likely not in need of any coaching.
You can ask me questions about the Externalising Dyslexia Approach on our Facebook type News Feed or send me a private message (DBC Members only).